Wednesday 10 June 2015

Airlanding 6-pounders

More from the war files: some 6-pounder anti-tank guns from my Orne Bridgehead Commando/6th Airborne force.

Battlefront figs and guns; 3 crew per base as I was short, and they fit better that way. A couple of Commando figs (in Bergens) painted as Airborne to get some Red Berets in for aesthetics...they obviously secured the Bergens in a "trade". Dismounted tank crewman painted as airborne without Denison Smock for the Platoon Commander.










CdlT

8 comments:

  1. Love the smocks, the anti tank round is well painted and it's nice to see more maroon and less red on the berets . Nice work .
    Regards Furphy .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love how you get such a good contrast between the colours without the models looking too bright. It shows what good highlighting can do! I also really like the two different grasses on the bases together, very effective :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they came out great. I am impressed you still have energy and interest to paint FOW stuff. Currently, my mind is drifting to 28mm axes and swords (Saga and Lion Rampant)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Braxen. I don't game as much anymore, but still paint quite a bit of FOW stuff. For the games, the opponents matter and I'm lucky to have a regular gaming mate who thinks along the same lines I do. That helps keep things interesting as we're always doing different stuff, switching theatres, matching opposing forces, etc. rather than simply points games alone.

      There are about a dozen other games/periods I'd like to do, but finding opponents is the main problem.

      CdlT

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Love the patches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the patches.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...